Nags Head, NC – A Great Place For A Family Vacation!
by Dana Patterson on Jul 23, 2012 0
Now that I’ve slept in my bed one night, I’m so ready to be back in our 8 bedroom on the beach house with the 20 people I care about most. Last week was pure bliss. We stayed here in the OBX. I’m one of four kids and we are all married and have kids, so it made one heck of a good time.
I would definitely encourage all of you east coasters to head to the Outer Banks. There are several fun things to do!
1. Of course, enjoy the beach. We sure did!
2. and…. the water!
3. Take the kids to the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island. This is a great break from the beach. There is so much to see and you even get to touch animals. This is my niece and nephews holding turtles!
4. Fly a kite! We did this three times and it was so much fun! The wind was perfect on the beach!
5. Check out the outlets for a couple of hours. These we really close to our beach house. While they aren’t the greatest, it gave us a good couple hours of shopping!
6. Eat, EAt and EATTTTTTTTTTTT. We went to three restaurants while we were there. My most favorite was Blue Moon Beach Grill. Oh my gosh, it was SOOOOOO good. I would recommend it 1k times over and over. Do not miss out on this strip mall (yes, it’s in a strip mall, but you WON’T be disappointed) restaurant. We also ate at Miller’s Waterfront. It was also really good. The talked about hush puppies really were amazing. We also ate at Captain George’s, while it’s good, it’s one of those places where you feel like you have to gorge on food to get your $31 worth. I definitely got my money’s worth on crab legs, but my stomach paid for it later.
7. Check out The Lost Colony. My parents liked it so much that they went three times!
8. Check out Jockey’s Ridge. We had planned to do this the last night, but it rained. Boo.
9. Get a house with a pool! It was totally worth it to us.
10. Go fishing! There are so many piers that offer rentals and it is a great place to do it!
Now, go book your trip! If you don’t have kids in school, you can save A LOT of money by going late August. Heck, maybe we’ll go again!