I’ve been wanting to practice some delicious new cupcakes for my almost 2 year old’s (seriously WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??) birthday. Everyone notices how delish the icing is and could often care less about the taste of the cake, sad but true. Also, today my husband wanted a cheat day from his strict Paleo diet. Why not practice? So, I did practice and I ate lots! I got the icing recipe here.
- 1 Devils Food Cake Box and the ingredients listed on box.
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Tb Milk
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Make cupcakes according to box.
- Let cupcakes cool.
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer.
- Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
- Decorate your cupcake.
- Add sprinkles and your choice of decoration.
This icing is SO easy and so much better than any store bought. I want to do these and a buttercream for Anna’s 2nd birthday and put some Minnie Mouse decorative sticks in them. Remember, people eat with their eyes and barely anyone passes up peanut butter with chocolate!
In case you’re wondering, I used this cake tip by Wilton.
Happy Cupcake Making!!!
Awesome 3rd Birthday Cake
Ella’s 3rd Pancake and Pajama Birthday Party
1st Birthday Party Ideas
Cupcake Cake Idea
Lion Birthday Party
Super Hero Birthday Party
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.