Making Baby Food, Fruit this Time!
by Dana Patterson on Oct 17, 2011 2
My last baby food post was for vegetables. You really can’t get any easier than veggies, but of course your precious needs fruits too! So, here’s a step-by-step guide to making fruit.
What you need to get started
- apples (or fruit of choice)
- magic bullet or other blender or food processor
- large ziplock freezer bag
- ice tray
- Peel and core as many apples (or other fruit) as you would like to use (don’t mind my coring job, my corer is awful)
- Cut up the apples a little more
- Throw them in the saucepan with water just covering the apples
- boil until soft (it took mine about 8 minutes)
- Put apples in magic bullet (I saved some out and will tell you why in a minute)
- Take some of the water from the sauce pan and put it in with apples in your blender
- Blend away (add water if they are too thick)
- Pour into ice cube tray
- Freeze and then pour into a ziplock bag with name and date on it
They always say “variety is the spice of life”. So, I got ideas from walking down the baby aisle and seeing all of the different mixes they used. We had some bananas so I took the rest of the apples and a banana and threw them in the bullet. Wahlaaaaaa again, now we have apple-banana food too!
Next, I might try some blueberry apples or some banana berry. Yummm! Be creative and have fun!!
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.
Pingback: Coconut Milk Tropical Smoothie - Delicious and Paleo Friendly