I’ve always been a fan of popcorn cake. It.is.amazing. My brother always makes it every Christmas, so I made an excuse to make it at Easter time with the pastel M&Ms. So.dang.good. I’m “supposed” to be on the Paleo diet so I fit in my bridesmaid dress next week for my friend’s wedding, well I just started it a couple days late (therefore you might be seeing healthy recipes from me for a while). Here you have it:
What you need:
- 3 bags of popcorn, popped and placed in a bowl (remove kernels)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 21 oz. mini marshmallows
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups M&Ms
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- Place popped popcorn into a very large bowl.
- Make a syrup from the butter, marshmallows and vanilla by heating them together and stirring in a large saucepan.
- Pour over popcorn.
- Stir in candy and nuts.
- With greased hands, firmly press mixture into a well-greased bundt pan.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes; then loosen and turn out onto cake plate.
- Carefully cut slices using bread knife. (Servings: 12) *If not using immediately, cool thoroughly and wrap in plastic to store.
Another yum Easter treat: Chewy Chex Mix
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.