Delicious Butter Chicken — Paleo Style
by Dana Patterson on May 07, 2012 1
Yes, we’re still on the Paleo kick. How could you not be with a meal that looks this delish?!
My New Year’s Resolution was to get a little more “creative” in my cooking. The only meat I used to buy was chicken breasts and ground beef. Well, it’s May and I have finally realized it isn’t that hard to be more creative. I actually found all the spices at the Asian grocery store, literally right across the street from my house. You should try a Global Food, all of their produce and spices are a lot cheaper than the regular grocery stores.
I love butter chicken and I found this Paleo chicken butter chicken recipe here.
This is what you need:
- 2 x 2 tbsp of pastured, grass-fed butter
- About 1 Kg chicken cut in chunks
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 bruised cardamon pods
- 1 can of tomato puree
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- splenda to taste (optional… I used this because I wanted it a little more sweet)
Here is a pic of the cardamon pods in case you’re lost like I was:
Here is how you create the butter chicken!
- Heat a pan, add the first 2 tbsp of butter and stir-fry the chicken chunks.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Put the second 2 tbsp of butter and slowly heat the spices for a minute or two until you can smell the aroma.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir so you mix in all the spices with the chicken.
- At this point, add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Add the coconut milk and lemon juice and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and add splenda if needed.
- Enjoy a healthy meal!
Enjoy this fancy meal! We enjoyed it over cauliflower rice, recipe here. Yum yum yum.
Also, enjoy a Paleo smoothie with it!
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.
Pingback: The Best Zucchini Lasagna