I’ve made this several times and every time it’s been a huge it! Everyone loves it because you can enjoy it after a meal that is filling.
Here is the beauty….
I love trifles and this one has to be at the very top of my list! Try it before summer is over. You’ll be amazed!
Here is the simplicity of the trifle:
All you need is:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
4 tablespoons sugar
1 angel food cake, torn into bite-size pieces
2 quarts fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
Here are some thinly sliced strawberries.
All you do is:
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until
fluffy; add sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the almond extract;
2. Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
3. Gently stir in cake pieces; set aside.
4. Combine strawberries and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
5. Layer in a large glass bowl, starting with 1/4 of the strawberries, then adding 1/3 of the cake mixture.
6. Continue layering; finish with strawberries.
7. Cover with plastic wrap; and chill several hours.
It’s so dang good!
So good! My five year old nephew said “This is the greatest dessert on earth”. Also, below is my one year old great nephew enjoying its deliciousness.
Go make it now while the strawberries are still somewhat fresh! You won’t be disappointed, I promise.
Check out our other trifles:
Banana Pudding Trifle
Red, White and Blueberry Trifle
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Trifle
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.