As the warm weather has drifted away I have had to come to terms with the fact that camping season has also come and gone. I love camping season though, and am not ready to give up all its fun completely.
So what is the best part of camping? The S’mores of course!
I found this genius s’more cookie recipe on a food blog I just started following. They turned out so great! The kids couldn’t get enough of them. The neighbor kids came over and had some too. The kids sat outside on the deck eating them with their friends talking about different camping trips we took this past summer. Love it! Camping lives on!
11 Tb. unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt
2 ½ cups flour
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars (I ended up needing 4)
1-2 package graham crackers, broken into squares (I ended up using 1 entire box, I also used the cinnamon graham crackers to give it an extra cinnamon taste)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees and line 2 backing sheets with parchment paper.
- Put graham crackers side by side so they are touching across pan. How many graham crackers you use really depends on how much cookie dough you use on each cracker.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl; set aside
- Beat butter and both sugars together until fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla until combined
- Using low speed, combine the flour mixture with butter mixture
- Gently stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows
- Place 1 to 2 Tb of dough on each graham cracker square and press down lightly with fingertips
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and press Hershey’s bar piece in each cookie
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes more then cool on wire rack
- Cut cookies with a sharp knife to separate after cookies are completely cool
I stored my cookies in an airtight container and the stayed perfectly soft and were delicious even days later. Loved this recipe and would definitely make these again.
About Jamie Hinckley
I am a mom of three crazy boys! We love life, play hard, and ALWAYS get messy! Life is busy and full of fun, jumping, crashing, skinned knees, rough housing, torn jeans, scratches, but most of all LOVE. Yes, life is crazy. Actually its completely nuts, but I wouldn't change a thing! We love life and can't wait for our next adventure... and one day, possibly a little girl! Haha!