In our world, there are so many words that start with the letter “w”, like water, wet, waffle, witch, watermelon, wolf, and of course the animal we are going to be learning about today, wolf.
Want to get started learning about wolves? Wonderful!
Wolves can seem like big scary animals, but on paper and in pictures they look like cute fluffy dogs. Here are five interesting facts about our furry wolf friends:
- Wolves are the largest members of the dog family.
- Wolves are legendary because of their howl, which they use to communicate.
- The largest wolves are said to weigh upwards of 175 pounds, although most weigh in the neighborhood of 100 to 125 pounds.
- Wolves travel and hunt in packs of up to seven animals.
- Wolves are extremely social animals that develop very close social bonds with family members and their pack.
While you take the time to learn about wolves with your preschooler, have them spot the differences in the pictures below:
Do you have any fun facts about wolves? Share them in the comments below. We can’t wait to continue learning!