Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies – NO CRISCO
by Dana Patterson on Nov 13, 2012 0
I think I found the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found it a few weeks ago when my mom was in town watching the girls so Brian and I could go to a Redskins game (hush it, they actually won this one AND R.G. III ran an 80 yard touchdown). Anyways, Ella was begging to make cookies with my mom so I quickly found this recipe on food dot com. I searched through several highly rated reviews and they mostly used crisco. NO THANKS! That stuff looks like straight up lard to me and I can’t imagine putting that in my mouth. So, I found this OVERLY delicious recipe! They are so moist and chewy. I promise you won’t regret it if you make these. Ella and I actually made them again!
Here’s what ya need:
2 cups all-purpose flour (280 gms)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (20 gms)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm (170 gms)
1 cup brown sugar (packed, light or dark, 236 gms)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk, from a large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate or any combination, 300 gms)
1 cup walnuts (114 gms, chopped) (optional)- I didn’t have them on hand
All you do is:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl or bag and set aside.
3. Mix butter and sugars with with a mixer until blended and smooth, add egg, yolk & vanilla.
4. Mix until incorporated.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Stir in chips and optional nuts.
7. Divide into 18 equal balls, a 2″ cookie scoop works just about perfectly, about 60 gms each.
8. EVENLY space 9 on each cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating front to back and top to bottom after 8 minutes.
**You want these to be chewy so make sure you don’t overcook! They should just be golden around the edges.
Add this to your holiday cookies! Happy baking!!!
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.