We got WAY to much candy for Easter! I want to eat responsibly, but with all this candy laying around… well, I just can’t. So I decided that I need to get rid of the candy asap! I found the perfect method! Candy bar filled snickerdoodles. I got the idea from thebakerchick.com who filled her snickerdoodle cookies with caramels. If caramels work, why not these easter chocolates?
I ended up using Snickers, Rollos, and Reese’s peanut butter eggs in mine. They were awesome! All the cookies were on way tray and you never knew which candy bar would be in the middle. It didn’t matter though… they were all delicious! My favorite was the Reese’s! The candy bars melted into the center of the cookies and were seriously soooooo yummy!
So all you need to do to get rid of all that Easter candy so you can start eating responsibly again is to invite a bunch of kids over and make these cookies! They were gobbled up! I was barely able to save one for my husband to try when he got home from work. Here’s to no more Easter candy!
Candy Bar Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies
Adapted from thebakerchick.com
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 3/4 cup of sugar (put 1/4 cup of this aside)
2 Tb cinnamon
2 large eggs
1. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt)
2. Mix butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups sugar together until light and fluffily. Add eggs, mixing one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture gradually.
4. Mix 1/4 cup of sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Using a ice cream scooper, scoop up a ball of dough and roll into a nice ball. Break ball apart and put a mini candybar in the center of each one before rolling back up.
6. Roll each dough ball in the sugar/cinnamon mixture until it is well coated. You really can’t overdo it here.
7. Bake on 400 degrees for 10 minutes and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
***She said this would make 48 cookies, but my batch only made 24. Maybe my ice cream scoop was a lot bigger than hers. Either way… they were yummy and I didn’t have to adjust the cooking time.
About Jamie Hinckley
I am a mom of three crazy boys! We love life, play hard, and ALWAYS get messy! Life is busy and full of fun, jumping, crashing, skinned knees, rough housing, torn jeans, scratches, but most of all LOVE. Yes, life is crazy. Actually its completely nuts, but I wouldn't change a thing! We love life and can't wait for our next adventure... and one day, possibly a little girl! Haha!