I made these delicious cupcakes for my baby brother’s birthday. I say baby brother since he is the youngest of us 7 kids, but he actually just turned 22. 🙂 Once the baby brother, always the baby brother!
He is so much the cool bachelor that I can only lure him to hang out with us with delicious goodness! I found this simple recipe at keyingredient.com and made these awesome oreo cupcakes. Then I texted a picture of them to my little brother and he came over within the hour with a couple of his buddies.
Works every time!
- 1 package of regular oreos
- 1 package of mini oreos
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounce cube of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 stick of butter
- 3¾ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cupcake batter according to directions on the box. Take ½ of the regular oreos and crumble them into your cake batter. Fill cupcake liners in cupcake pan with the batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the frosting: Mix the butter and cream cheese together. Add vanilla and slowly stir in powdered sugar. Crumble the rest of the oreos and mix them in. I used a blender for this. Use your favorite cupcake icing tip to frost cupcakes once they have cooled and decorate them with the mini oreos.
About Jamie Hinckley
I am a mom of three crazy boys! We love life, play hard, and ALWAYS get messy! Life is busy and full of fun, jumping, crashing, skinned knees, rough housing, torn jeans, scratches, but most of all LOVE. Yes, life is crazy. Actually its completely nuts, but I wouldn't change a thing! We love life and can't wait for our next adventure... and one day, possibly a little girl! Haha!