Can you stand it? Don’t you just want to gobble it up and lick your fingers after?!?!?! What if I told you the other half had walnuts? Even better huh! I have always been a fan of monkey bread ever since I went to my very first slumber party as a kid and my friend’s mom brought it down to us for breakfast! This is better than monkey bread though… this is like monkey bread on steroids! This gooey delicious monkey bread is stuffed with delicious cream cheese and topped with chopped walnuts!
About once a month my friends and I plan a girl’s night. Girl’s night ALWAYS involves good food! We often go out to dinner, sometimes a movie, or often after dinner just head to one of our houses for some dessert. This month was my turn to bring the dessert. I had been saving this recipe from pinterest for a long time… just waiting for the opportunity to make it!
We seriously gobbled this up! I only put nuts on half of it just in case there were leftovers and my kids wanted some… that idea was wasted! The side with chopped walnuts was the first to go! It was delicious and blended in nicely with the cream cheese flavor.
So I will stop rambling now and give you what you really want… the recipe!
CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
Adapted from pipandebbby.com
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tb cinnamon
2 -12 ounce tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (make 10 equal sized round discs from each tube)
8 ounce cube of cream cheese (cut into 20 equal cubes)
3/4 cup butter melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Mix sugars and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Put one cube of cream cheese in each biscuit dough disc and fold the dough around the cream cheese leaving just the top of the cream cheese exposed.
- Sprinkle have your chopped nuts along the bottom on of the pan
- Put 10 discs in the bundt pan (on top of the nuts) with cream cheese facing up
- Dump 1/2 of you melted butter across the dough and sprinkle 1/2 your sugar-cinnamon mixture on top of that
- Place the last 10 discs in the bundt pan with the cream cheese facing down this time
- Dump the rest of you melted butter around the dough and then sprinkle the rest of the sugar-cinnamon on the top
- Top with chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Invert and serve warm
About Jamie Hinckley
I am a mom of three crazy boys! We love life, play hard, and ALWAYS get messy! Life is busy and full of fun, jumping, crashing, skinned knees, rough housing, torn jeans, scratches, but most of all LOVE. Yes, life is crazy. Actually its completely nuts, but I wouldn't change a thing! We love life and can't wait for our next adventure... and one day, possibly a little girl! Haha!