Does everyone have their dish planned for your 4th of July BBQ? Just in case you haven’t made a decision yet, I thought I throw out ten of our favorite potluck sides for you. These are tried and tested recipes that you can’t go wrong with it!
1. On of my all time favorites is Loaded Baked Potato Salad! Its a different twist on potato salad and is so yummy! With all that bacon, how could it not be a hit!?!?!
2. Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad is an easy side to bring. It can be made ahead of time and is served cold, making it the perfect take-a-long dish.
3. I love these Mini Cucumber Sandwiches. They are so cute and are always quickly devoured.
4. I love bringing trifle to a potluck. They are always so yummy and can feed a large group! Strawberry Short Cake Trifle and Red, White, and Blue Trifle are two of my favorite festive trifles!
5. This Orzo Pasta Salad is also a big hit. It is something a little different from the standard potluck dish and will be one of the first dishes to go when served in a crowd. It is a no fuss dish that throws together easily.
6. Fresh fruit is always a yummy BBQ side. I like to serve mine up with this yummy fruit dip of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. It really dresses up your fruit. I have been told that this fruit dip is addictive!
6. These Watermelon Rice Krispies are so much fun! I like to bring these along if I know there will be a lot of kids. It is always a big hit with the kids.
7. Try this Avocado and Tomato Salad. This always tastes so good paired up with a good burger. It is fresh and healthy! Try adding crumbled bacon and cubed mozzarella cheese to it as well!
8. If you are serving some fresh veggies, you could really glam them up by serving them with this yummy Avocado Hummus. This is delicious with Pita slices as well.
9. These fancy deviled eggs go great at a potluck. Use a crinkle cutter to slice the eggs and a pipe the yoke mixture into the eggs to really make them look good. We also like to sprinkle them with crumbled bacon. What doesn’t taste better with bacon?!?! This should be my motto.
10. Chocolate dipped strawberries sprinkled with blue sprinkles look especially festive for July 4th BBQ. It also helps that they taste AMAZING!
About Jamie Hinckley
I am a mom of three crazy boys! We love life, play hard, and ALWAYS get messy! Life is busy and full of fun, jumping, crashing, skinned knees, rough housing, torn jeans, scratches, but most of all LOVE. Yes, life is crazy. Actually its completely nuts, but I wouldn't change a thing! We love life and can't wait for our next adventure... and one day, possibly a little girl! Haha!