I don’t know what it is about me and my girls’ rooms, but I kind of choose odd or should I say different colors than you would expect for a girl. I knew I wanted Anna’s room gray and pink and I wanted Ella’s room blue with pink accents (post on that later). We recently moved into this house and this is the first chance I had at decorating her nursery even though she’s 15 months old now! My friend came over a couple weeks ago and showed me how to make the pom poms over Anna’s bed. It was just what I needed for that blank space. I’m real simple, I just wanted a few to hang over her bed.
So, I bet you’re wondering how it’s done. It’s SO simple that I’m almost embarrassed to tell you!
What you need is:
12 pieces of tissue paper times the number of pom poms you want to make
hooks for ceiling that won’t show — like the ones here
All you do is:
1. Lay your tissue paper out flat on the floor.
2. Start folding about 1″ over, under, over, under, etc.
3. Fold it in half and put two staples, you can do more if you feel like it isn’t going all the way through.
4. Cut the outside edges in almost a point. You want to make sure sides are even, if not cut the longer side to match up.
5. Here begins the fun part! Starting with one half, pull the outside piece of tissue paper out, then repeat on other side. Then, keep pulling from one side then the other.
6. Repeat on other half!
Make as many as you want for your sweet one! My friend said she made some for one of her friends baby shower and anothers bachelorette party. Keep playing with it if it isn’t perfect at first! You will get it!
Now, just hang some fishing twine, or ribbon if you prefer, from it and hang it! So fun and so cute!!!
**** In case you’re wondering, bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids, wall decal is from this shop on Etsy!
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.