The fluffiest peanut butter cookies on the planet! Seriously, I am not kidding here! They are so good!
My boys have been begging for the past week for me to make some cookies. I have been refusing because I have no will power as of late and I know if I make them I will REALLY enjoy eating them! I started to feel bad though and caved to their sweet little faces. However, I decided that if I was going to make them then I was going to make sure it was worth it! I started searching pinterest for the most delectable fluffy cookies and was thrilled to find these at howsweeteats.com.
Seriously, next time you are in the mood for some fluffy, chewy, chocolatey goodness… MAKE THESE! :) I was actually torn between trying this recipe or trying a similar one that included oatmeal. I love oatmeal cookies so after using half the dough I mixed 1/2 cup of oats in the rest of my dough so I could have both. Love them, loved them, loved them! The oats gave them a great texture. I will add oats to the entire batch next time. Drool, drool…
I was hoping to tell you how they taste the next day, but they did not last that long! Guess that is what happens with 3 little monkeys (and a mom with no will power… hehe).
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from www.sweeteats.com
Makes 18 cookies (although my batch made 30 so clearly I didn’t make mine as big as recommended)
1/2 cup salted butter
6 Tb peanut butter (I didn’t measure just estimated since it is just over 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg + 1 egg yoke
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup Oatmeal (optional, but I am telling you it is delish!)
1. Melt the butter and PB together in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds. Mix and let cool completely.
2. Wisk flour and baking soda together and set aside
3. Mix both sugars and PB mixture together in large bowl
4. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
5. Slowly add flour. Mix until just combined. You may need to add 2 Tb of milk if your dough is too thick (I did).
6. Stir in chocolate chips (and oatmeal if you are adding it)
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely on rack.
About Jamie Hinckley
I am a mom of three crazy boys! We love life, play hard, and ALWAYS get messy! Life is busy and full of fun, jumping, crashing, skinned knees, rough housing, torn jeans, scratches, but most of all LOVE. Yes, life is crazy. Actually its completely nuts, but I wouldn't change a thing! We love life and can't wait for our next adventure... and one day, possibly a little girl! Haha!