New Loaded Baked Potato Salad
by Jamie Hinckley on May 22, 2013 0
Yay! Its BBQ season again! I love it! Time to start getting your grill on!
We love potato salad at our house! My mother-in-law has really perfected her potato salad by taste, all the way to the tiniest dab of salt. It is so so so fabulous. Sadly, I am unable to replicate it. I just dont seem to have the magic taste… you know where you can take a small nibble and declare it needs just one more touch of mustard or pepper. I just can’t seem to get it right.
So when I can’t duplicate it, I have to go out and find a new recipe to introduce. I have had this Loaded Baked Potato recipe pinned for a long time from Dishing With Leslie for a long time now. I finally got to try it out for a family BBQ last week. Thank you Leslie! So yummy!
The only thing I would change from her recipe is to add more cheese… because really, you can never have enough cheese! I used the Yukon Gold potatoes… it was perfect! I agree with Leslie, serve it warm or cold! It is fabulous either way!
- 4 large Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives, divided in half
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- ***Mix mayo and sour cream together in small bowl. Add half the chives, cheese, pepper, and salt to taste. Refrigerate. Peel and cube your potatoes. Put them in a large pot of water and boil until tender (about 20 minutes). Do not over boil or your potatoes will turn to mash. You want them to be be tender to the fork, but not falling apart. Drain the potatoes and let them cool for a bit while you cook and crumble the bacon. If you plan on serving this dish cold like I did, let the potatoes cool completely.
- Combine the potatoes and sour cream mixture in a large bowl. Fold in the bacon crumbles. Top the salad off with the last half of your chives and the last two strips of bacon crumbled.