So, when you’re going to someone’s house for a BBQ and you want to bring a side, this is it!!!! Not only do people love deviled eggs, you will get extra bonus points for making them look incredibly awesome and taste better than any before. Always remember, people eat with their eyes.
- dozen eggs (I always make a couple extra in case they somehow get messed up)
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- bacon (approximately 5 strips)
- 1 teaspoon of splenda or sugar (optional)
- crinkle cutter (this is another one of my favorite kitchen gadgets)
- white deviled egg plate
- large ziplock baggie
- Get a large pot and fill with hot water. Put eggs in pot with lid and bring to a boil. Once it is brought to a boil, keep it at a low boil for 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place in large bowl of ice water for five minutes.
- Leave in ice water for approximately 5 minutes
- Crack eggs and take off the shells
- Cut egg in half with crinkle cutter
- Take all of the hardened yolks out of the eggs and put them in your large bag.
- Press on yolks with hand until the lumps are all gone.
- Add your mayo, mustard, salt (or bacon salt if you have it), pepper, vinegar and sugar
- Mix all together well
- Add more mayo if necessary
- Cut the corner off the bag (start really small and keep cutting if you need)
- Fill each egg with mix and make a circular motion so your eggs look like these:
- Chop up your bacon and sprinkle on top and wahlaaaaa, you’re done!
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.