We are still in the process of updating our home. As mentioned before, it was a short sale that needed TONS of “help”. It was at the top of our budget, so we slowly have to update. This project only cost $43 and so many people have commented on how great it looks. I got the idea here from my favorite home blog, The Yellow Cape Cod.
Here’s the fireplace before:
Here’s the process:
Step by step process:
1. Go to Sherwin Williams and get a gallon of white Cashmere paint. You can only get it in a gallon, that’s the only way they sell it. You will also need a paintbrush if you don’t have one. Make sure you check online for a coupon, I found a 30% off paint one!
2. Remove mantle and clean your fireplace out.
3. Clean off your fireplace by vacuuming it well.
3. Mix half paint and half water. You really only need like a pint so your container doesn’t need to be that big.
4. Start Painting. One person brushes and another comes behind with an old rag (we used one of my husband’s old white t-shirts) to smooth things over.
It was that easy! I wanted it white washed so you could still see the brick through it. You can always add less water or do an extra coat. I’m SO happy with it. I would love a new mantle, but that isn’t quite in the budget just yet.
The whole project took less than three hours. WHY DIDN’T I DO THIS SOONER?!?! I love it and I love it even more because we did it ourselves! Thank you Yellow Cape Cod!
About Dana Patterson
I'm an energetic SAHM of two fun little girls! It's never a dull moment with kids 21 months apart. I love life and enjoy cooking, working out and just hanging with my family.